Monday, February 14, 2011

Never a Bad Fish

The next restaurant I am going to write about is Mama's Fish House in Maui, Hawaii. It's located on the North Shore and if you are ever in Maui you need to pay Mama's Fish House a visit! This restaurant has the best fish I have ever tasted in my life, most likely because all the fish is caught that morning. I have been craving it ever since I  left Hawaii.

The venue is very open with a great view of the ocean along with a cool sea breeze. Mama's is very authentic and relaxing and even through it's medium sized  it's very quite so you can really have a good conversation with your party. Even though the menu is mostly fish everybody will find something magnificent.


 The Decor is very tropical and it displays the true beauties of the Island.




The food is beyond amazing! Each bite of everything we ordered was just bursting with flavor. You'll want to have a bite of everyone's meal. I wanted to lean over to the table next to me and tell
them to order what I got because it was mind blowing. 

We started out with some bread and a tomato bisque compliments of the chef. It was in a small cup and you sipped it directly from the cup. It was a bright reddish orange color and as soon as it touched my lips the creamy richness hugged my tongue. It was very delicate and as soon as I tasted that, I knew I was in for a good meal. I only wish the bowl was bigger

The appetizer I ordered was the Maui Onion Soup. This soup literally melted in my mouth with all the rich but light cheese and onions. Some of the other appetizers we got were an onion and tomato salad which was super fresh and crisp. We also got some sashimi that really brought out all the delicate flavor in the fish. 




The fish I ordered was the Onaga which is Red Hawaiian Snapper. It is the lightest fish and it was prepared the lightest. It was so fresh and it fell apart in my mouth that after my first bite I wanted to order another one to take home for later. It was savory and packed with flavor but wasn't fishy at all. It was the best fish I have had ever hands down!




The whole meal was amazing and the dessert only added to the grandeur. It's called  the Polynesian Black Pearl. When they brought it out it was so stunning I didn't want to eat it. After the first bite I couldn't stop. It was rich but not heavy and very creamy and smooth. It was one of those desserts that you would want to lick the plate if you weren't in public. 









This is a must visit restaurant and I can't wait to go back. Everyone needs to experience this food once in their lifetime. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck! This all looks SO good! Especially the fish you got and the dessert!! Hope you guys had a wonderful Valentine's and let us know if you all decide on any details for the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our adult trip to Hawaii we also ate at this restautant. Who could forget the name?! I remember loving the setting an dthe decor and of course the fish!!

    ReplyDelete